Seattle, Washington – Vacation Packages
Recognized as one of the most livable cities in the United States, Seattle is also one of the nicest to visit. You know Seattle before you visit it. The skyline is world-famous, thanks to Fraiser and the unreplaceable holdover of the 1964 World’s Fair, the Space Needle. The food is fantastic – given its location on the ocean, how could it not be? This large city offers some of the entrepreneurial minds – and creative spirits.
The “Emerald City” is tucked onto a narrow strip of land between Puget Sound to the west and Lake Washington to the east. Across the sound are the dramatic Olympic Mountains and many lush, green islands, all connected to Seattle via a comprehensive ferry system. The Cascade Range forms a backdrop to the city’s east and on clear days Mt. Ranier is visible. Seattle is very hilly and that, combined with its location on the water, will remind many visitors of San Francisco. Seattle is also home to the grunge movement of the 1990s and is still a musical powerhouse, home to a number of creative and well-respected bands. After a day spent exploring the markets at Fisherman’s Warf and dining on the freshest food around, check out any number of live shows that are sure to be on, 7 days a week.
Why go to Seattle, Washington?
- Drink a latte in every Starbucks we dare you!
- Drive out to the Microsoft campus and shake your fist at Bill
- The name “Bumbershoot” is reason enough to hit this music festival
- Watch out for flying fish at the Pike Place Market
- Take in 360-degree views of the city from the Space Needle
- Wander around the campus of “U Dub”, the University of Washington
- Take a ferry ride on Puget Sound
- Hang out under the bridge with the Fremont Troll
- Vancouver, Canada is only two hours away
- Sample a homebrew from the Pacific Northwest
For more on Seattle, check out the Seattle Travel Guide on BootsnAll.