San Diego, California – Vacation Packages
San Diego is the United States 7th most popular destination. It’s year round good weather, beaches, majestic parks, perfect sunsets, world-famous activities, world-class shopping and cultural events draw visitors from all over. San Diego is a big city and there’s plenty to do there for people with all kinds of interests. If “life is a beach,” then San Diego is the place to be, with 70 miles of sand lie more than 33 beaches. There is a beach for the surfer, the snorkeler, the sightseer, the shopper, the sunbather and the swimmer. Animal lovers can choose to explore the world-famous San Diego Zoo, Sea World and Wild Animal Park. This area south of Los Angeles has more of a laid back feel and trips to see the Navy ships and checking out the renowned San Diego Museum are popular.
San Diego is also a short drive from Disneyland and the newly opened Disney’s California Adventure. In addition to sun, sand, and fun San Diego offers Tony Award-winning theatre, opera, symphony, art galleries and performance art awaiting the culturally curious. San Diego is a shopper’s paradise, offering a variety of shopping experiences. With Tijuana only a short car ride or trolley trip away you can explore the colorful shops and bazaars of Mexico. San Diego dining is also a haven for discriminating taste. A home to world-class chefs, ten of whom demonstrated their talents at the famed James Beard Foundation, the culinary equivalent to Carnegie Hall. San Diego “Something for everyone!”
Why go to San Diego, California?
- Nip over the border to Tijuana
- Wander through the city’s Gaslamp Quarter
- Check out Balboa Park, a massive area of parkland museums, theaters, a zoo and sports facilities
- The San Diego Zoo is one of the most famous in the world
- For more animals in captivity, check out SeaWorld
- Treat yourself to a night in the Hotel del Coronado… or just look at it and dream
- Southern California is famous for surfing, and SD is no exception
- Visit the hometown of Ron Burgundy
For more on San Diego, check out the San Diego Travel Guide on BootsnAll.