Boston, Massachusetts – Vacation Packages
There’s no better way to experience the cosmopolitan flavor of Boston than by donning your favorite walking shoes or hopping on the T, Boston’s convenient public transportation. You’ll find that Massachusetts’ capital successfully combines big-city amenities with a friendly, small-town atmosphere. One of the oldest cities in the States, Boston’s cobblestone roads twist and turn their way through more than 100 college campuses, thousands of businesses and and millions of Irish-descendants.
The fiercely loyal sports fans of Beantown cheered as the curse over the Boston Red Socks lifted long enough in 2004 for the team to win the baseball world series. Hockey and football receive their share of fans too. If sports aren’t you thing, don’t forget the other passion: history. Home to the revolutionary Boston Tea Party, this United States powerhouse has been on a roll since.
Why go to Boston, MA, United States?
- Get a local to talk to you, and just listen to the accent
- Catch a game at the famous Boston Celtics
- Walk the campuses of Harvard and MIT in nearby Cambridge
- Knock back a green beer on St Patrick’s Day
- Torture yourself with thousands of others in the Boston Marathon
- Eat your fill at the annual Chowderfest
- Take a day trip to Lexington and Concord, important cities in the Revolutionary War with the British
- Scare up some witches in nearby Salem
- See the historic houses at Cape Cod
For more on The Athens of America , check out the Boston Travel Guide on BootsnAll.