Bangkok, Thailand – Vacation Packages
Once known as the Venice of Asia for the network of canals or klongs crisscrossing the city, Bangkok is one of the most vibrant capitals of Southeast Asia. A visual feast of Western influences in an Eastern land, Bangkok or Krung Thep, which means the City of Angels, is considered one of the biggest cities in the world. For a area of this size, Bangkok is surprisingly full of quiet escapes.
The must see attractions include Wat Phra Kaew and the Grand Palace, Wat Pho and Wat Traimit, home to the impressive 3m tall, 5 1/2-ton solid-gold Buddha image. For a moment of serenity, Lumphini Park is a haven of tranquillity in the heart of the city, dotted with pavilions and two small lakes.
The food and shopping in Bangkok are legendary. Dine on ritzy boats, eating the fresh catch, and grab dessert from the corner vendor frying bananas. Afterwards, walk along tourist mecca Ko San Road to take in the backpacker scene before heading to the legendary night markets. Wherever you go in Bangkok, you’re sure to be amazed.
Why go to Bangkok, Thailand?
- Start your travels in the main travel hub of SE Asia
- Break away from your usual life in a city that offers a totally different lifestyle
- Take a tuk-tuk down busy streets
- Experience Thai culture up-close with a traditional Thai massage
- Leo DiCaprio didn’t start his trip here for nothing
- Khao San Road, the most famous backpacker haven on Earth
- Nightlife that rocks: Thai boxing, dancing, drinking and the famous red-light area
- Why not take a Thai cooking course and please your family back home?
- Visit the amazing floating market on the Chao Praya river
For more on Bangkok, check out the Bangkok Travel Guide on BootsnAll.