Athens & Greek Isles, Greece – Vacation Packages
The capital of Greece, cradle of democracy, birthplace of Western Civilization – Athens is a vibrant city where old and new co-exist. The majestic Parthenon rises above the city, its ancient glory still visible in the timeworn stone, and the National Archaeological Museum holds countless treasures from Athens’ Golden Age.
Athens is a bustling metropolis that always has something going on. It’s a city entrenched in the past but surrounded by the future. Late spring and early fall will find nice weather, ample accommodation and relatively clear beaches. With a good tourism infastructure in place after the 2004 Olympics, it may be time to give Athens another chance. Add on a 3 or 4 night cruise to the Greek Isles & Turkey – Rhodes, Patmos, Kusadasi, Mykonos – and more white sand and clear seas await.
Why go to Athens, Greece?
- Greek coffee will wake you up
- Get some culture in the “cradle of Western civilization”
- The Parthenon and the Acropolis look even cooler in person
- Walk the same streets where Plato, Socrates and Hercules walked
- Cheap wine, great food hello, Greek food, try some!
- From the city, soak in the sun and surf of the Greek Islands
For more on Athens, check out the Athens Travel Guide on BootsnAll.