Cruise to Jamaica and Haiti
It is not every day that one comes across a cruise that makes a port of call in Haiti. The impoverished Caribbean nation once had a thriving tourism business but that has certainly not been the case for a number of years. Perhaps that is all about to change.
Royal Caribbean International offers up a 5-day cruise from Miami that goes to both Jamaica and Haiti. The ship stops in Labadie, Haiti which is described in the following fashion:
Labadie has the distinctive charm of delivering in just one place some of the best beaches of the Caribbean, a bit of History and a bright, colorful palette of arts, crafts and people. “Habitation Labadie” to be correct, is a mix of traditional Haitian dwellings and prosperous hill-perched villas. Further west along the coast, another beach, and then suddenly around a bend, the magnificent Baie d’Acul (Bay of Acul), almost completely closed off from the Ocean and immune to any storm. Christopher Columbus used that bay as a shelter during his first voyage. The Santa Maria, Columbus’ flag ship, fell victim to a reef further down the cost from Acul near the Haitian town of Caracol. Across the bay, many small islands and reefs complete the vista. On a clear day, you can see the famous Ile de la Tortue (Tortuga Island) on the horizon. The beach of Labadie is one of the most well-kept and well-equipped of the country. It is also one of the beaches most visited by foreign tourists.
Sounds lovely, doesn’t it? You can be part of the Haitian renaissance by booking a cruise today.
- Jamaica – Vacation Packages
- Negril, Jamaica Vacation Packages
- Great deals on packages to Sandals Jamaica Resort
- Save up to 55% at Beaches Resorts in Jamaica
- Dive into this Cruise to Cozumel and Belize City
- Negril, Jamaica – Vacation Packages
- Get free night at Sandals Jamaica
- Carnival Cruise Ships – Paradise
- Montego Bay, Jamaica – Vacation Packages
- Ocho Rios, Jamaica – Vacation Packages